Monday, August 8, 2016

Successful People Use Their Whole Brain

For the last few years, after finding myself in the deepest of depressions, I came to realise what a phenomenal powerplant the human brain is. 

It was the beliefs and perceptions I had stored in there, since childhood, that caused my drama and emotional breakdown. 

Now I know that I had got into the habit of only using certain pathways, ignoring the rest of my brain. 

I had some limited understanding of the right and left hemispheres but I never quite knew the importance of them working together. Quite on the contrary, I was pleased that I was using my mathematical left brain most of the times, successfully solving life problems and dealing with technology. 

So when it came to facing intense emotions and big changes in my life, no wonder I turned out to be quite incompetent.

Luckily, I pulled it through and came over the other side, stronger than ever. I can now maintain the balance of staying constantly in a whole-brain state. I know how important this is for every aspect of my life. Not just for learning but for anything.

In my classroom, in the middle of a lesson, if I find my students distracted, I encourage them to do a few cross-crawls, some figure 8s with their eyes, to rub their ears and to sit in a whole-brain posture. Having done such a simple exercise, the atmosphere in the room changes and all focus is regained.

This video is a better explanation of what functions and processes go on in our brains, coming from the man himself, Dr Bruce Lipton, who taught me a lot (while I was in depression and afterwards) and showed me the light at the end of the tunnel. A big thank you to, Dr. Lipton!

Using 100% of Your Brain - Dr. Bruce H. Lipton


No comments:

Post a Comment

Letting Go of Fear

For the last two years I have been learning how to prioritise my happiness. Battling all sorts of issues has been my "college course&qu...